Sonata Bulletin Board

Hi all, gutted to not be at the nationals, that was an impressive turnout!

I was sure I had read the plans for the Northerns this year, but can't now find it anywhere, what's the craic?

Would be good to know where Northerns and the Inlands are this year so I can get the crew organised.....seem to have some interest from the dinghy memebrs in my club so keen to tap into that!

HI Everyone

I did try form the beginning of the season to get a northerns/inlands event. However Scarborough and Whitby both declined this year.

We may be able to do something on Windermere maybe in between Winter series weekends from November?

Also i wondered if Helensburgh with its newly resurgent fleet might be interested in hosting the Northerns? ANy thoughts?

Catherine Harltey

If the Northerns would like to come to Scotland next year it might be possible to attach it to the GSS regatta which provides free launch and recovery at Rhu marina and on the Friday evening a social evening at RNCYC with the drink substantially sponsored and on Sat evening barbeque and other events at Rhu marina. It has not been an event that the HSC boats have tended to enter because we would just be sailing against the same boats that we sail against week after week but if visitors were interested in travelling to it then it should attract some of our boats out.This event is during September.

The thought about the Scottish Series at the moment is that we just might manage to get the class reinstated and with that in mind we should probably ask if we can make it the Scottish Championships.

Peter Booth

Peter,

Your note suggests that there might be some good news coming with an increase in Helensburgh boats prepared to travel to Tarbert for the Scottish Series..............if you could give some idea of possible numbers from Helensburgh then that would be useful to both Gareth and myself as we are trying to encourage others to travel, but at present are finding it difficult to say much more than there will be So, Scruples and Saraband.

I agree with your comments about GSS for teh Northerns and Tarbert for the Scottish Championships

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,

Neil Manderson is talking about taking Jazz to both Tarbert and the nationals, I would think that Peshwa 4 would also do the Scottish series as it was only his lack of boat that stopped him this year. Our new owner Brian Wiseman is very entusiastic and I think that he might llike to do it. Maggie May escaped from Loch Lomond at the end of the season because the owner wished to race against other Sonatas,I have emailed him to try to find out if he is interested in doing somethingelse and I think Random may be very keen as well. Fiddlesticks may also be a possibility. I think Euan Aitken is desperate to get back into Wicked Willy but has a difficult situation at the moment.

Peter

Peter,

Thanks for the update on Helensburgh "possibles" forTarbert............that sounds like a great basis upon which to try and get the fleet reinstated as a class start, hopefully also encouraging others to attend!

Regards

Mark