Sonata Bulletin Board
Minim

Metal work - A few questions

Hi All, I have recently become the new owner of Minim, I have never owned a Sonata and in fact, this is my first yacht so slightly in at the deep end :blush:  - I am beginning to compile the long jobs list to get her back up together and back out racing this season but have a few questions which I hope you friendly lot might be able to help with!

1. Stanchion Bases - Minims bases are fixed straight to the deck - I believe this is original from 1976 but have seen that every other Sonata has wooden packers underneath the stanchion base. Would be great to know if anyone has had this issue in the past and actually whether the wooden packers are required or whether I can just re-seat.

2. Pushpit Reinforcement - I have seen the thread regarding having a third leg for the pushpit and this seems like a very sensible thing - does anyone have measurements or even do we have a metal maker in our association that can make such items??

3. Traveller/Mainsheet swivel - Currently Minim has a very small traveller in the very centre of the cockpit - I am looking to upgrade this to a full cockpit width traveller with centre swivel mainsheet ratchet block and cam cleat. Again does anyone have a drawing for the metal work they put in or have made one? If anyone has an old traveller track I'd also be interested 

Many thanks

Mark

DSCN0449.jpg

DSCN0468.jpg